Asst. Professor Grade II Civil Engg. recruitment in NIT Tiruchirappalli
Pay Scale: Pay Level 10 in VII CPC(Pay Band-3 with Academic Grade Pay of Rs.6000 in VI CPC)
Essential Qualifications:(i) Detailed Educational Qualifications, Experience and other criteria for selection shall be as per the modified recruitment rules for Faculty in NITs as per schedule E of the first statutes of the NITs (amendment statutes 2017) reference Gazette of India dated July 24th 2017.
(ii) All new entrants shall have Ph.D. in the relevant / equivalent discipline and shall have First Class in the preceding degrees.
Preceding degrees: For All Engineering Departments: B.Tech. or any equivalent degree and M.Tech. or any equivalent degree in relevant discipline. Candidates having Ph.D. Degree directly after B.Tech. from reputed Institutions/Universities will also be considered, if other norms are fulfilled.
For Humanities/ Management/ Applied Sciences: B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. or any equivalent undergraduate degree and/ or M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com./ M.B.A./ MCA or any equivalent P.G. degree in relevant discipline.
Desirable Age/ Qualifications/ Achievements:i) Preferable age limit: 35 years ii) Qualified in GATE/ SLET/ NET iii) At least 2 SCI Journal publications iv) Good and consistent academic record from 10th Standard/Matriculation onwards.
1. Chemical Engineering: B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering and M.E. / M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering and related specializations and Ph.D. in any of the following specializations: Process Intensification, Process Modelling and Simulation, Process Dynamics and Control, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Advanced Materials.
2. Chemistry: Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry.
3. Civil Engineering :a. Environmental Engineering (B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering, Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering). b. Water Resources Engineering (B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. in Water Resources Engineering / Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering / Irrigation Water Management / Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering, Ph.D. in any one of the above specialisations) c. Transportation Engineering (B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, M.E./M.Tech in Transportation Engineering, Ph.D. in Transportation Engineering) d. Construction Engineering and Management (B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. in Construction Engineering/Technology and Management / Building Technology and Construction Management, Ph.D. in any one of the above specialization)
4. Computer Applications:Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems, Database Management Systems, Computer Networks, Distributed Computing, Distributed Technologies, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Image Processing, Theoretical Computer Science
5. Computer Science and Engineering :B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in CS / CSE / IT and M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. (CSE/IT) or equivalent and Ph.D. in any one of the following Specializations: Theoretical Computer Science, Algorithms, Graph Theory, Distributed Systems and Computing, Cloud Computing, Computer Architecture, Databases, Data Science, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Software Systems, Information Security, Machine and Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Parallel Computing, Embedded Systems, Operating Systems, Speech and Vision, High Performance Computing.
6. Electrical and Electronics Engineering :B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering Specialization: M.Tech./M.E./M.S. (by Research) / with Ph.D. in the following areas: Power Systems, Power Electronics and drives, Electric Machines / Electronics.
7. Electronics and Communication Engineering: B.E./ B.Tech. in ECE or its equivalent branch of Engineering M.E./M.Tech. in Microelectronics, Applied Electronics, Embedded System, VLSI, Communication Systems, Microwave Engineering, Optical Communication, Photonics, Signal and Image Processing, Wireless Communication, Wireless Networks, Nano Technology, Bio-Medical Engineering, Computer Technology Ph.D. in areas of Microelectronics, Embedded System, VLSI, Microwave Integrated Circuits, Optical Communication, Photonics, RF-MEMS, Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Wireless Communication, Wireless Networks, Nano Technology, Bio-Medical Engineering.
8. Energy and Environment : B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering /Electrical Engineering M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical/Energy/ Energy and Environmental Engineering with doctoral work exclusively in the area related to Wind energy/ Solar energy/ Environmental Engineering/or a combination of Energy and Environment. Knowledge in the area of CFD will be desirable.
9. Humanities and Social Sciences For English: English Language and Literature For Economics: Economics, Entrepreneurship Development
10. Instrumentation and Control Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Instrumentation / Electronics and Instrumentation. M.E./M.Tech. in Instrumentation / Control / Precision Engineering / Automobile Ph.D. in any one of the following Specializations: Optical and Laser Based Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Semiconductor Devices and Circuits, Cyber Physical Systems / Non Linear Control / Network Control Systems / Control Theory, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Deep Learning for Instruments and Measurements applications, Automotive Systems.
11. Management Studies :Marketing, Human Resource, Information Technology / Systems, Finance, Operations, Analytics
12. Mathematics :B.Sc. in Mathematics, M.Sc. in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics Ph.D. in Mathematics with specializations mentioned below: Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes, Data Science, Mathematical Bio-Sciences, Numerical Analysis, Fluid Mechanics, Fuzzy Mathematics, Combinatorics.
13. Mechanical Engineering :B.E. / B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering M.E. / M.Tech. and Ph.D. specialization in Engineering Design /Machine Design/ Vibration/ Applied Mechanics/Machine Dynamics / Automation /Industrial Safety.
14. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering :B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Metallurgy / Metallurgical Engineering / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science/ Materials Science and Engineering / Materials Engineering. M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. in specializations related to Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Ph.D. in the area of Process Metallurgy, Extractive Metallurgy, Non-Metallic Materials, Physical Metallurgy, Non-Destructive Testing, Computational Materials Science, Mechanical Behaviour of Materials / any emerging area of specializations related to its discipline in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
15. Physics :B.Sc. (Physics) M.Sc.(Physics)/M.Sc.(Applied Physics)/M.Sc. (Materials Science) Ph.D. in any of the following specializations: Nuclear Physics, Astrophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, Non Destructive Evaluation, Theoretical Physics, Materials Science, Optics and Lasers.
16. Production Engineering: B.E. / B.Tech. in Production / Manufacturing / Mechanical / Industrial Engineering. M.E / M.Tech. / Ph.D. in any of the following specializations: Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Engineering, Operation Research, Data Analytics / Data Science, Maintenance Engineering, Casting Technology, Mechatronics / Robotics, Additive Manufacturing, CAD/CAM/CIM, Manufacturing Automation, Welding Technology, Machine Design, Industrial Management, Micro / Nano Manufacturing, Product Design and Development, Computational Mechanics
Candidate should pay a non-refundable application processing fee per department applied through online payment as below: For the candidates other than SC/ ST/ PwD/ Woman Category: Rs. 1,000 (Rupees One Thousand only) per department For SC/ ST Category: Rs.500 (Rupees Five hundred only) per department For Woman/ PwD Category: No fee is required.
How To Apply For Asst. Professor Grade II Civil Engg. recruitment in NIT Tiruchirappalli
Opening date of online portal : 30.01.2019
Last date for submission of online application : 28.02.2019
On completion of filling /uploading of the on-line application form and submission, download a copy of the signed application form and enclose the Self-Attested photo-copies of the certificates/testimonials/research papers etc., and send to The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli - 620015. Tamil Nadu by Speed / Registered post to reach on or before 11.03.2019 by 5.00 p.m mentioning on the cover “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR GRADE-II IN THE DEPARTMENT OF_____________.”
Last date for submission of hardcopy of application : 11.03.2019.