Ph.D Programme conducts IIITDM Kancheepuram 2018
Direct PhD (for applicants having UG degree) : Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full time scholar subject to the following conditions: A B.Tech degree holder from IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or with a valid GATE score. A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score.A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree :a) Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record. b) Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
1. Computer Science and Engineering:Master's degree in Engineering/ Technology. Preference will be given to those with M.Tech/M.E/M.S degree in Computer Science & Engineering. (MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible)
2. Electrical & Electronics Engineering:Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)/ Electronics Engineering (Electronics and Communication Engineering) / Instrumentation Engineering or Master's degree in Physics followed by a Master's degree in Engineering in an area of relevance to the area of research
3. Mechanical Engineering:Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation, Maintenance Management, Metallurgical Engineering, Production/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics
4. Mathematics :Master's Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master's degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science
5. Physics : M. Sc in Physics/Applied Physics/Mathematics/Material Science/Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M. Tech in Solid State Technology / Materials Science / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Financial assistance :Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET/GATE Qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET/GATE Qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Courses
1st & 2nd 3 Year: Rs.25,000/- rd to 5th (*Upon successful assessment by the review committee after period of two years).
Selection Procedure:Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications (as given in Section 4) and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for test/ interview. Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and interview, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman of the Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Application fee: GN/OBC-NC Male candidates: Rs.250/- , GN/OBC-NC Female candidates/SC/ST and PwD candidates : Rs.125
How To Apply For Ph.D Programme conducts IIITDM Kancheepuram 2018
Interested candidates are to apply online
On line Registration of Application forms will be open on :04.10.2018 .
Last date for Registration of application through on-line :28.10.2018.