About E Courts - Mandi District
Emerson House’ presently housing the Court of District and Sessions Judge, Mandi, H.P. is one of the historical buildings of Mandi Town. Named after H. W. Emerson, Superintendent of Raja Jogindersen, the building, a master piece of Pahari Architecture was built in the year of 1918 and parts were annexed to it in 1933. For decades, the Emerson House remained under the domain of Raja of Mandi, a sub-Himalayan Princely State, and probably acted as a place of his Judicial Administration.