Admission to PhD (Full Time& Part Time) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the Academic Year2019-2020 (Session July-2019)
Applications are invited for admission to PhD (Full Time& Part Time) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the Academic Year2019-2020 (Session July-2019). The Broad areas of Research, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Reservation, Teaching Assistantship-cum-Scholarships etc. are given in this advertisement.
Eligibility Criteria 1) (Full Time& Part Time)' Engineering Departments: Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant area of research along with Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology with a first class or minimum 60% marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
Science Departments: Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of Science with a first class or minimum 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination.
Humanities & Management: Master’s degree in Management/related areas of Management (Commerce, Public Administration, Engineering Law, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Economics, Business Economics, Sociology etc.) with: i) 60% Marks (or CGPA of 6.5 on 10 point scale) in the qualifying examination in Management.
ii) 55% marks in Humanities or Social Sciences (or a CGPA of 6.0 on 10 point scale) Candidates for PhD admission in Sciences Departments must be NET/GATE qualified and in Humanities and Management must be UGC-NET qualified for the award of stipend cum teaching assistantship as per Ministry of HRD norms. (Relaxation in minimum Percentage/Equivalent Grade Point requirements will be given as per the National Reservation Policy of Government of India).
2) Ph D programmes (Part-Time): Faculty/Technical/Scientific staff of NITJ; Project staff working under the projectssponsored by MHRD/DST/UGC or some other government agency and coordinated by the institute faculty as certified by the concerned Principal Investigator/Coordinator; External candidates sponsored by Industry/Institute having R & D facility recognized by NITJ having minimum two-years experience and possessing the same academic qualifications as that for Ph.D. regular candidates, are eligible to apply for Ph.D. Programme as a part-time candidate. In–service candidates must have to submit No Objection Certificate from their employer in which it must be stated that they will be relieved at least for six months in a stretch for course work. Candidate/staff working under the projects at NIT Jalandhar, those having appropriate provisions for salaries and contingency grant for the required duration which are sponsored by reputed industrial organization (s) and coordinated by the NIT Jalandhar faculty as Principal Investigator/Coordinator shall also be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme only if they have at least two years of remaining period at NIT Jalandhar.
For a foreign national candidate who applies through Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, or Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Govt. of India, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the same minimum qualifications as required for Ph D admission in case of Regular candidates. 3) PhD (Full Time) with external fellowships like JRF/DST INSPIRE etc. Candidate who have already secured funding/fellowship from reputed external agencies like JRF/DST INSPIRE etc. can also apply for admission to PhD (Full Time) programme.
These candidates, if selected, will not be provided any fellowship/contingency grant by the Institute The academic qualifications for PhD (Part-time) programmes/ PhD (Full Time) with external fellowships like JRF/DST INSPIRE etc.
Copy of the application forms duly filled, accompanied by self-attested copies of the relevant certificates/testimonials, along with details of Application Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates),in an envelope which must be superscribed as, “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO PhD (FULL TIME/PART TIME) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ________,”should reach the concerned „Head of the Department’ by the due date as per schedule given in this advertisement.
Eligible candidates for stipend cum teaching assistantship shall be paid as per instructions issued by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) from time to time. 5 After the admission in Ph.D. programmes at NIT Jalandhar, stipend cum teaching assistantship (from the Institute under support from MHRD) shall be offered to those admitted Full Time Research Scholars only, who are having: (i) Post Graduate Degree in Engineering/Technology at the time of admission (for Engineering Departments) or (ii) Post Graduate Degree in Science / Mathematics and have qualified GATE/NET examination (for Sciences Departments) or (iii) Post Graduate Degree in Humanities/ Management and have qualified UGC-NET Examination (for Management/Humanities streams).
(iv) In case, the admission is done under some project grant/financial support from other funding agencies, the relevant rules of the funding agency shall be implemented for the disbursement of stipend/scholarship. No financial assistance shall be given by the Institute in such cases. All other criteria of admission to Ph.D. programmes shall remain same for such candidates.
(v) Stipend-cum-teaching assistantship for Research Scholars admitted to the appropriate discipline under Institute support shall be started from the date when the admitted candidate submits the original degree/provisional degree/result of his/her qualifying examination (latest by 30th September 2019).
How To Apply ForAdmission to PhD (Full Time& Part Time) Programme in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities and Management for the Academic Year2019-2020 (Session July-2019)
1. Last date for submission of Applications : 15.05.2019
2. Display of list of eligible candidates: 20.05.2019
3. Written Test (in the respective Department. Reporting time : 9:00 AM) 27.05.2019
4. Display of list of candidates eligible for presentation & interaction 27.05.2019 by 4:00 PM in the respective Departments
5. Presentation/interaction by the candidates who have qualified the test 28.05.2019 and 29.05.2019
6. Display of list of selected candidates 31.05.2019
7. Deposition of fee& Registration 15.06.2019
8. Last date of deposition of fee, registration and commencement of classes Shall be notified on the Institute Website