N0. WBUAFS/Estb/R-2/03(Pt.-III)/ 2044
Assistant Professor job Position in West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences 2018
Department & No. of Posts
A. Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences
1. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Surgery & Radiology / 1 SC
2. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence / 1 OBC B
3. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics / 1 OBC B
4. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence / 1 UR
5. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Surgery & Radiology / 1 UR
6. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics / 1 ST
7. Veterinary Clinical Complex – Veterinary Medicine, Ethics & Jurisprudence / 1 OBC A
8. Veterinary Biochemistry / 1 SC
9. Veterinary Biochemistry / 1 SC
10. Veterinary Biochemistry / 1 OBC B
11. Veterinary Public Health / 1 SC
12. Veterinary Public Health / 1 ST
13. Livestock Farm Complex - Animal Nutrition / 1 SC
14. Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education / 1 SC
15. Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology / 1 UR
16. Avian Sciences – Veterinary Pathology / 1 OBC B
17. Avian Sciences – Livestock Production Management / 1 UR
18. Avian Sciences – Veterinary Medicine / 1 SC
19. Avian Sciences – Biotechnology / 1 UR
20. Animal Biotechnology / 1 UR
21. Animal Biotechnology / 1 SC
22. Animal Biotechnology / 1 UR
B. Faculty of Dairy Technology
23. Dairy Technology / 1 OBC B
24. Dairy Technology / 1 SC
25. Dairy Technology / 1 OBC A
26. Dairy Chemistry/ 1 OBC A
27. Dairy Chemistry / 1 OBC A
28. Dairy Engineering / 1 SC
29. Dairy Business Management / 1 UR
30. Dairy Business Management / 1 UR
C. Faculty of Fishery Sciences
31. Aquaculture / 1 OBC B
32. Aquatic Animal Health / 1 ST
33. Fishery Economics, Statistics & Marketing / 1 UR (PH)
34. Fishery Economics, Statistics & Marketing/ 1 OBC A
35. Fishery Processing Technology / 1 UR
36. Fishery Engineering/ 1 SC
37. Fishery Engineering / 1 UR
38. Fishery Extension / 1 ST
39. Fishery Resource Management / 1 OBC A
40. Aquatic Environment Management / 1 OBC B
41. Fish Nutrition / 1 SC
42. Fish Nutrition / 1 UR
Qualifications : a) A minimum of Master’s degree in a subject/discipline (required for the particular post) of the concerned faculty having at least 55% marks throughout the career in aggregate or OGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00. b) Evidence of published research papers on the concerned subject in a reputed journal. c) Age not above 35 years (relaxable maximum of ten years for exceptionally qualified and experienced candidates. d) For the candidates having Master’s degree, National Eligibility Test (NET) qualification shall remain compulsory along with one publication in National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, (NAAS),New Delhi rated referred journal for recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor and equivalent in the disciplines in which NET is conducted by ICAR. Essentiality of NET can be waved off for the candidates holding Ph.D. degree provided it has been done with course work as prescribed by the UGC Regulations 2009, and the candidate has at least two full length publications having a NAAS rating not less than 4 on the last date of submission of application. Those candidates with Ph.D. degree without course work will not qualify for NET exemption. e) For the Department of Avian Sciences – Master Degree in Veterinary Pathology/ Livestock Production Management/ Veterinary Medicine/ Biotechnology and other qualifications will remain same as above (a to d) f) For the Department of Animal Biotechnology – Master Degree in Animal Biotechnology/ Fish Biotechnology/ Biotechnology and other qualifications will remain same as above (a to d). g) For the Department of Fish Nutrition – Master Degree in Fish Nutrition and Feed Technology/ Animal Nutrition and other qualifications will remain same as above (a to d). h) For the Department of Dairy Business Management – Master Degree in M. Com (Accountancy) with ICWA/ M. Sc. in Economics with Statistics, basic computer knowledge and NET qualification is required and other qualifications will remain same as above (a to d).
Desirable : (a) Ph.D. degree in concerned subject.
Scale of Pay : Revised Pay Band Rs. 15600- 39100/- with Academic Grade Pay Rs. 6,000/-
Application Fee : Applicants/ Candidates are required to pay the application fee (Non-refundable) [Rs. 1000/-* for UR/OBC-A/OBC-B and Rs. 250/-* for SC / ST/ PH] by Online Payment System (Net-banking / Debit card / Credit card). [* Service charge and Applicable tax are extra] Ø Candidates are required to make application fee payment through debit card/ credit card/ net banking. The candidates will be automatically redirected to make online payment, once from is successfully completed. Ø No other mode of payment will be accepted. Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are requested to verify their eligibility before payment the application fees.
Selection Procedure : The selection procedure will be notified by WBUAFS for each post depending upon the response received against each post. Decision of WBUAFS will be final in this regard.
How To Apply For Assistant Professor job Position in West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences 2018
The candidates are required to Apply Online. The relevant link for online application will be made available from 11:00 hrs. on 22.10.2018 under the head “Notice” on WBUAFS website i.e. www.wbuafscl.ac.in. Online submission of the application will be open for 20 days from the day of start of Online Application upto 12.11.2018 at 05:00 PM. No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted.
Before filling application online, candidates should keep ready the required scanned copy of documents of date of birth, educational qualifications, Caste certificate (if applicable),passport size photo, signature in jpg/ jpeg format and valid e-mail ID in operation for more than one year. One (1) hard copy of the application must be sent to the Registrar, WBUAFS, 68, K. B. Sarani, Belgachia through Speed Post/ Registered Post along with all documents within 16.11.2018. In service Candidate must submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) from his/ her Employer before the time of Interview.
About West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences
West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences was established on 2nd January, 1995 vide West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences Act - 1995 to impart education, training and to conduct research in veterinary and animal sciences, dairy sciences and fishery sciences and also to cater the needs of the farming community of the State of West Bengal. During this period the University has been recognized as one of the leading institutions of the country to uplift the socio-economical status of farmers. The hallmark of the University has been the development of human resources to meet the requirements of the society and to promote the socio-economic development of the region.