Kerala PSC Solved Questions Paper for ICDS Supervisor Examination
Exam Held On: 2005
1. The expression Athidhi devo bhavo means :
(a) Tourists should behave like Gods.
(b) Treat a guest like a God.
(c) God takes care of travellers
(d) Tourists should respect local Gods.
2. Kerala is called :
(a) Goat‟s own country (b) God zone country
(c) God‟s one country (d) God‟s own country.
3. Bon Jour is a greeting in :
(a) French (b) Spanish
(c) German (d) Italian.
4. The fifth International Airport in India was opened in :
(a) Trivandrum. (b) Lucknow
(c) Patna (d) Simla.
5. Cocos nucifera is ;
(a) A soft drink (b) A travel agency
(c) The coconut tree. (d) The crow.
6. Sayonara is the expression for farewell in :
(a) Sinhala. (b) Japanese (c) Swahili. (d) Nepali.
7. The Jog falls are in the river :
(a) Sharavati (b) Saraswati (c) Godavari (d) Gomti.
8. The Kerala Kalamandalam is on the banks of the :
(a) Periyar. (b) Pamba (c) Kabini (d) Nila.
9. The poet who was drowned in the Pallana was :
(a) Vallathol (b) Ulloor (c) Kumaran Asan (d) Changampuzha.
10. The king of Venad who dedicated his kingdom to Lord Padmanabha through Thruppadidanan was :
(a) Shri Moolam Thirunal (b) Marthanda Varma
(c) Dharma Rajah. (d) Swathi Thirunal.
11. The foreigner who wrote the books Kerala Pazhama, Pathamala and Pazhamcholmala was :
(a) Benjamin Bailey. (b) Herman Gundert
(c) Arnos Padre. (d) John Higgins.
12. The art form Ottanthullal originated from :
(a)Ambalapuzha Sri Krishnaswamy Temple.
(b) Sri Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
(c) Irinjalakuda Koodalmanickya Temple.
(d) Chottanikkara Devi Temple.
13. The dance form Kuchipudi comes from :
(a) Karnataka (b) Bihar
(c) Rajastan. (d) Andhra Pradesh.
14. The Bharat Award was given to Premji for his performance in the film.
(a) Bharatam. (b) Piravi (c) Nirmalyam. (d) Oppol.
15. The century in which the Taj Mahal was built is the :
(a) 16th (b) 17th (c) 18th (d) 19th.
16. The film studio set up by Kunchacko was the :
(a) Merryland (b) Uma (c) Chitranjali (d) Udaya.
17. Who among the following was not a Speaker of the Kerala Assembly ?
(a) A.C. Jose (b) M. Vijayakumar.
(c) C.H. Mohammed Koya. (d) M.N. Govindan Nair.
18. Who wrote the novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer ?
(a) Mark Tyson (b) Mark Twain (c) Marc Antony (d) MarkTully.
19. The central character in Dev‟s Odayilninnu is :
(a) Pachu (b) Pappy (c) Pokker (d) Pappu.
20. The Thunjan Parambu is located in :
(a) Kannur (b) Malappuram (c) Pathanamthitta (d) Kozhikode.
21. Dehradun is the capital of:
(a) Uttaranchal (b) Chattisgargh (c) Jharkhand (d) Uttar Pradesh
22. Who was the Prime Minister of India during the 1965 Indo-Pak war ?
(a) Pt. Nehru (b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(c) Indira Gandhi (d) Charan Singh.
23. What is the currency of the United Kingdom ?
(a) Euro (b) Pound. (c) Peso (d) Dollar.
24. The World Tourism day is celebrated on :
(a) 16th October (b) 8th March. (c) 27th September (d) 5th June.
25. The word Tsunami means :
(a) Harbour wave (b) Barbarous wave
(c) Laborious wave. (d) Clamorous wave.
26. The space shuttle in which Kalpana Chawla lost her life was the :
(a) Challenger. (b) Atlantis. (c) Discovery (d) Columbia.
27. In which Olympics did P.T. Usha lose a bronze medal narrowly ?
(a) Barcelona. (b) Los Angeles (c) Atlanta (d) Seoul.
28. Who composed the music for the film Chemmeen ?
(a) Usha Khanna (b) Naushad (c) Salil Chaudhury. (d) S.D. Burman.
29. Which of the following is not a website ?
(a) www.ipl.org. (b) www.keralauniversity.edu.
(c) email@example.com (d) www.keralatourism.org.
30. What is the storage capacity of an ordinary floppy disc ?
(a) 100 G.B. (b) 1kb. (c) 1.44MB (d) 40G.B.
31. What is the full form of D.T.H. offered by Doordarshan ?
(a) Direct to Home. (b) Digital Theatre at Home.
(c) Designer Telecast for Home (d) Daily Twenty-four Hours.
32. In which Indian state do you come across Mount Abu ?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh. (b) Assam.
(c) Rajastan (d) Himachal Pradesh.
33. Who brought the Nobel Prize to India in 1913 ?
(a) Dr. C.V. Raman (b) Rabindranath Tagore
(c) H.G. Khurana (d) S. Chandrashekhar.
34. In 2004, Operation Cocoon was successful in :
(a) Collecting rare species of butterflies.
(b) Eliminating Veerappan.
(c) Offering cradles for orphans. (d) First heart transplant in India
35. Artocarpus integrifolia is the scientific name of :
(a) Mango (b) Lemon (c) Jack fruit (d) Apple.
36. Who was the captain of the Indian cricket team, which won the 1983 World Cup?
(a) Sunil Gavaskar (b) Dilip Vengsarkar.
(c) Kapil Dev (d) M. Azharuddin.
37. Who wrote the travelogues Indonesian Diary and Nile Diary ?
(a) M.K. Menon. (b) S.K. Pottekatt.
(c) P.K. Balakrishnan. (d) V.K.N.
38. Which of these countries does a president rule ?
(a) England (b) Holland. (c) Denmark (d) France.
39. In which Asian country did C.V. Devan Nair serve as president ?
(a) Singapore (b) Philippines. (c) Sri Lanka. (d) Vietnam.
40. Who was the last emperor of India ?
(a) George VI (b) William IV. (c) Edward VIII. (d) Charles II.
41. What does a limnologist study ?
(a) Lemon. (b) Limbs (c) Locks (d) Lakes.
42. What is a velodrome ?
(a) A helipad. (b) A cycling track
(c) A vegetable mart. (d) A speed governor.
43. Which vitamin is also known as riboflavin ?
(a) A (b) B (c) C. (d) D.
44. Who was the Democratic Party candidate in the US President polls in 2004?
(a) Dick Cheney. (b) John Kerry. (c) George W. Bush (d) Al Gore.
45. Which famous battlefield witnessed conflicts in 1526, 1556 and 1761 ?
(a) Plassey. (b) Buxar. (c) Panipat (d) Wandiwash.
46. Who among these is not a Nobel Laureate ?
(a) Dalai Lama. (b) Vinoba Bhave
(c) Yasser Arafat. (d) Nelson Mandela
47. Which Indian state has two capitals ?
(a) Madhya Pradesh. (b) Meghalaya
(c) Jammu and Kashmir. (d) West Bengal
48. Which element has the symbol Hg ?
(a) Hydrogen. (b) Mercury (c) Gold. (d) Tin
49. Who or what is a Taikonaut ?
(a) A Taiwanese boat. (b) A Taekwondo player
(c) A Chinese space traveller. (d) A hold in wrestling
50. In which year did Alexander Graham Bell invent the telephone ?
(a) 1927. (b) 1786. (c) 1757. (d) 1876.
51. Who is known as the architect of New Delhi ?
(a) Laurie Baker. (b) Edwin Lutyens.
(c) Charles Correa. (d) Satish Gujral.
52. What was Anju Bobby George‟s best distance in Long Jump at Athens ?
(a) 6.88. (b) 7.08. (c) 7.03 (d) 6.83.
53. The final resting place of which famous lady is called the Shakti Sthal ?
(a) Sarojini Naidu. (b) Rani of Jhansi.
(c) Aruna Asaf Ali. (d) Indira Gandhi
54. Jnanpith winner U.R. Ananthamurty served as the vice-chancellor of:
(a) Calicut University. (b) M.G. University.
(c) Sanskrit University. (d) Kannur University.
55. Which service organization celebrates its centenary from 23.2.2005 ?
(a) Lions. (b) Rotary International.
(c) Round Table. (d) Red Cross.
56. Satyam Sivam Sundaram is the motto of:
(a) Akasavani. (b) Sangeeth Natak Academy.
(c) Film Development Corporation. (d) Doordarshan.
57. Which of these states has never had a woman chief minister ?
(a) Karnataka. (b) Orissa. (c) Tamilnadu. (d) Assam.
58. “I came, I saw, I conquered”. Whose are these famous words ?
(a) Napoleon (b) Alexander the Great.
(c) Vasco da Gama. (d) Julius Caesar
59. Who among these is a famous .painter ?
(a) K.N. Pannikar. (b) K.M. Pannikar.
(c) S. Pannikar. (d) K.A. Pannikar.
60. Who is the author of the book The Da Vinci Code ?
(a) Dan Brown. (b) Red Adair. (c) David Green (d) Andrew White.
61. The word Abstain means:
(a) Dirty (b) Manage (c) Keep away (d) Receive
62. The word Bizarre means:
(a) A supermarket (b) Weird (d) A bell (d) Business
63. The word Rendezvous means:
(a) an arranged meeting (b) A shady deal
(c) A rented lodging (d) A final decision
64. The word Adept means:
(a) Adjust (b) Adore (c) Explain (d) Expert
65. The word Harrow means:
(a) Hope (b) Crave (c) Trouble (d) Close
66. The opposite of Affinity is :
(a) Infinity (b) Ability (c) Hatred (d) Love
67. The opposite of Malignant is:
(a) Benign (b) Cancerous (c) Boastful (d) Crooked
68. The opposite of Jovial is
(a) Fertile (b) Melancholic (c) Joyous (d) Confused
69. The opposite of Ornate is:
(a) Lavish (b) Fortunate (c) Flourish (d Austere
70. The opposite of Succulent is;
(a) Dry (b) Juicy (c) Fresh (d) Curved
71. The word Eliminate is;
(a) A noun (b) A gerund (c) A verb (d) A conjunction
72. The word Porous is:
(a) An adverb (b) An adjective (c) A preposition (d) A pronoun
73. The word He is:
(a) An interjection (b) An adjective (c) A conjunction (d) A pronoun
74. The adjective among these words is:
(a) Halve (b) Solve (c) Carve (d) Safe
75. The adverb among these words is
(a) Quickly (b) Boost (c) Harsh (d) Glow
76. To which of these is the question tag „isn‟t it?‟ appropriate ?
(a) He is smart (b) They are late (c) It is not right (d) It is warm
77. Which of these is a correct plural form?
(a) Informations (b) Furniture (c) Formulae (d) Sheeps
78. Which of these is a correct sentences?
(a) She have no sense (b) I has a no time
(c) They has no money (d) We have no idea
79. Which of these is a wrong sentences?
(a) I cannot understand it (b) I dont know nothing
(c) I have no clue (d) I do not know
80. Which of these is a correct sentences?
(a) He is more smarter than you (b) She is more shorter than her son
(c) She is the most tallest girl in our class
(d) They are as tall as their wives are
81. The TRYSEM scheme refers to:
(a) Training engineering students
(b) Consultancy for emigration (c) Training rural youth
(d) Tips for energy management
82. I.C.D.S refers to
(a) Coaching for Defence staff (b) Counselling for domestic servants
(c) Services for child development (d) Centres for drama studies
83. The Mangalya scheme refers to
(a) Protection of the girl child (b) Mass Wedding
(c) Remarriage of women who lost spouses
(d) Hostels for working women
84. I.W.E.P refers to:
(a) Welfare of emeritus professors (b) Insurance for women employees
(c) Environment protection (d) Women‟s empowerment
85. The Udisha project refers to
(a) Training for children workers (b) Dish antennae for rural schools
(c) Rural milk marketing cooperatives(d) Training for culinary skills
86. The response to “How do you do” is :
(a) What? (b) Just like you do
(c) No problem (d) How do you do?
87. The polite way of asking someone to say something once more is :
(a) Beg your pardon (b) Repeat.
(c) What ? (d) Did you say anything.
88. The politically correct expression for „a person who cannot see‟ is :
(a) Prisoner of darkness. (b) Visually challenged.
(c) Blind. (d) Eyeless.
89. The right form of address for a mayor is :
(a) Venerable Mayor (b) Your Eminence.
(c) Worshipful Mayor. (d) Your Grace.
90. Which of these does not need a question mark ?
(a) How does a plane fly ? (b) How much does it cost ?
(c) How beautiful the sight is ? (d) How did the drama end ?
91 Which of these is a correct sentence ?
(a) Why you are laughing ? (b) Why he weep ?
(c) Why do you hides the truth. (d) Why do you complain ?
92. Which of these is an ambiguous statement ?
(a) The old man ran screaming.
(b) The old car was expensive.
(c) The old doctor‟s coat caught fire
(d) The old singer sang softly.
93. Give a one word substitute for, „a person below the age of 18‟.
(a) Miner. (b) Major. (c) Mayor. (d) Minor
94. Which of these words does not rhyme ?
(a) Gone. (b) Bone. (c) Cone. (d) Lone.
95. The title Ms refers to :
(a) Mother Superior. (b) Most senior.
(c) A lady (d) A gentleman.
96. A Scandinavian comes from :
(a) Switzerland. (b) Scotland. (c) Serbia. (d) Sweden.
97. Which of these is a Zodiac sign ?
(a) Umbra. (b) Cobra. (c) Zebra. (d) Libra.
98. Which of these is not a synonym of sad ?
(a) Gloomy. (b) Hoary (c) Melancholic. (d) Cheerless.
99. Which of these is the antonym of energetic?
(a) Vigorous. (b) Spirited. (c) Lethargic (d) Feisty.
100. Which letter represents 100 in the Greek numerical system ?
(a) M (b) D (c) L (d) C
Answers – ICDS Supervisor 2005
1.(b) 2.(d) 3.(a) 4.(a) 5.(c)
6.(b) 7.(a) 8.(d) 9.(c) 10.(b)
11.(b) 12.(a) 13.(d) 14.(b) 15.(b)
16.(d) 17.(d) 18.(b) 19.(d) 20.(b)
21.(a) 22.(b) 23.(b) 24.(c) 25.(a)
26.(d) 27.(b) 28.(c) 29.(c) 30.(c)
31.(a) 32.(c) 33.(b) 34.(b) 35.(c)
36.(c) 37.(b) 38.(d) 39.(a) 40.(a)
41.(d) 42.(b) 43.(b) 44.(b) 45.(c)
46.(b) 47.(c) 48.(b) 49.(c) 50.(d)
51.(b) 52.(d) 53.(d) 54.(b) 55.(b)
56.(d) 57.(a) 58.(d) 59.(c) 60.(a)
61.(c) 62.(b) 63.(a) 64.(d) 65.(c)
66.(c) 67.(c) 68.(b) 69.(d) 70.(a)
71.(c) 72.(b) 73.(d) 74.(a) 75.(a)
76.(d) 77.(c) 78.(d) 79.(b) 80.(d)
81.(c) 82.(c) 83.(c) 84.(d) 85.(a)
86.(d) 87.(a) 88.(c) 89.(c) 90.(c)
91.(d) 92.(c) 93.(d) 94.(b) 95.(c)
96.(c) 97.(d) 98.(b) 99.(c) 100.(d)