Kerala PSC Assistant Grade II Previous Question Papers – Examination conducted on 16-9-2006
Assistant Grade II Exam Solved Question Paper. Solved Question of Kerala psc Assistant Grade II Examination conducted on 16-9-2006.
1. Harriet is:
(a) an extremely elderly fish
(b) an extremely elderly bird
(c) an extremely elderly tree
(d) an extremely elderly tortoise
2. The World’s highest railway is between
(a) Kashmir and Gangtok
(b) Qinghai and Tibet
(c) Nathula pass and Afghanistan
(d) Manasroovar and Tibet
3. Chief Election Commissioner of India is
(c) N. Gopalaswami
(d) Buta Singh
4. UNESCO has recognised a performing art form and of India as ‘a masterpiece of intangible cultural heritage.’ What is it?
(c) Chakiyaar Kuuthu
(d) Manipuri Dance
5. Author of The Da Vinci Code is
(a) Charles Dickens
(d) Dan Brown
6. ‘Dass Aattom’ was the old name for
7. Which vedic rite takes the name for ‘Horse Sacrifice’?
8. The airport in India that has a claim of having the longest runway
a) Indira Gandhi International Air port in New Delhi
(b) Trivandrum International Air port
(c) Madras International Airport
(d) Bangalore International Airport
9. ‘Kishangarh’ painting emerged in
(c) West Bengal
10. The first recipient of India Science Award instituted by Government of India
(b) Vikram Sarabhai
(c) C.N.N. Rao
(d) M.R. Das
11. ‘Dhrupad’ is a
(a) Treatise on Hindustani music
(b) Form of Hindustani classical music
(c) A popular drum in North India
(d) None of these
12. The author of ‘Arthasastra’ is
(b) Thulasi Das
13. The Malayalam Film Director who received Dada Sahib Phalke Award
(a) Adoor Gopalakrishnan
(d) Ramu Karyat
14. In India Census is taken in every …………. years
15. Numismatics is
(a) Study of numerology
(b) Collection and study of coins
(c) Numbers game
(d) Expression in words numbers written as numerals
16. Chairman of Knowledge Commission
(a) Sam Pitroda
(d) Prof. Yeshpal
17. Vice Chairman of Kerala Planning Board
(b) P.J. Kurian
(c) V. Ramachandran
(d) Prabhat Patnaik
18. In howmany languages the value of an Indian Currency note is recorded?
19. How many Municipal Corporation are there in Kerala?
20. The Budget of Kerala is presented in the Legislative Assembly by the
(a) Finance Minister
(d) Chief Minister
21. ‘Sopana Sangeetham’ was known as
(a) Kerala Sangeetham
(c) Kathakali Sangeetha
(d) Kottippadi Seva
22. A Musician of Kerala, who could sing in all the six-beating times, was
(a) Chandrakanth Iyer
(b) Papanasam Sivan
(c) Govinda Marar
23. Rivers in Kerala that are flowing eastward
(a) Periyar and Pamba
(b) Kabani, Bhavani and Pamba
(c) Karamana River and Ithikkara River
24. The first Malayalam cinema that got the Gold Medal of Rashtrapathi in ?
(c) Newspaper Boy
25. The cinema that claims to be the first digital cinema in Malayalam
26. There are……… lakes in Kerala
27. The first Nrithya-Natya Award of Kerala was given to
(a) Kalamandalam Sathyabhama
(c) Bharati Sivaji
28. The Chief Information Commissioner of Kerala
(b) P. Mohan Das
(c) Dr. Babu Paul
(d) Babu Jacob
29. First University in Kerala
(a) Kochi University
(b) Kozhikode University
(c) University of Travancore
(d) Kannur University
30. Which is the highest peak in Kerala?
(d) None of these
31. There are …………… Revenue Districts in Kerala
32. How many parliamentary Constituencies are there in Kerala?
33. How many Townships are there in Kerala?
34. The matriarchial Muslim Dynasty that ruled Kannur
(a) Arakkal Dynasty
(b) Mooshika Vamsa
(c) Prumpadath Swaroopam
(d) Samoothiri Dynasty
35. Right to property in India, now is a
(a) Fundamental right
(b) Legal right
(c) Not a right
(d) Optional right
36. Fundamental duties of an Indian citizen is incorporated in ………………. of the Constitution of India
(a) Part IV
(b) Part IV A
(c) Part IVB
(d) Part V
37. Age prescribed for election as the President of India
(a) 40 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 20 years
(d) completed 35 years
38. Habeas Corpus is a
39. The district of Kerala which does not have forest
40. Salaries and allowances of the Speaker of Kerala Legislative Assembly are
(a) Votable expenditure
(b) Non votable expenditure
(c) Capital expenditure
41 The next number in the series
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ……?
42. Pick out the number wich would be twice as much as 1/4th of 40:
43. The next letter chain:
ANT, BOU, CPV…….?
44. Which is the odd one in the following
45. Pick out the odd on:
46. Choose the odd one:
47. Odd one is the following is:
48. Teacher : School. Therefore Clerk ………….?
49. Uncle : Aunt: then Father : …………………?
50. Knowledge : Reading therefore Health:?
51. Capital : Interest; then Share?
52. If a book is a flower what will be its pages?
(a) Sheet of papers
53. The world that could not be made from HARMONISE
54. Showing a woman, Kesavan said: She is the only daughter of the son of my grandfather. Then what is the relation
of Kesavan with that woman?
55. The next letter is E G J N .
56. A = 1, B = 3, C = 5 than J = ?
57. Next number in the series
6, 13, 21, 30, 40, 51, 63, ………
58. Next word pair.
Tree, Shrub, Mountain, ?
59. A = 1, B = 2, C = 3; How can we write ADICT in numbers?
60. 5= 52, 6 = 63, 7 = 94. Therefore 8 = ?
61. Collaborate means:
(a) Work together
(b) to work together with a common aim
(c) Joint venture
62. Onus means:
(b) Burden of denial
(d) Burden of proof
63. Antonym of deficit is:
64. Antonym of delicious is:
65. Synonym of delight is:
66. With a view to properly, a detailed list is appended to :
Fill up the blank with the correct part of speech of verify from the following
(d) being verified
67. In accordance – the provisions of law, it is inadmissible
68. From the following choose the word that is the nearest in meaning to the word underlined. ‘Vechur cow’ is
indigenous to Kerala
69. I think I had better – in training
(d) is getting
70. It is too large a house for us to ………….. in.
(c) being lived
71. You are my student ……….
(a) Have you?
(b) Haven’t you
(c) Aren’t you
(d) Are you?
72. I ………. a letter to my mother, yesterday
(b) have written
73. Find out the meanig of the word ‘methodical’ from the alternatives given below
74. Correct form of the word from the alternative is:
75. There is no chance of your getting that medicine
Frame a question to the above statement from the following
(a) Is there any chance of getting that medicine for you?
(b) Does the medicine get, here?
(c) Is there your chance to get the medicine?
(d) Was there a chance to get that medicine?
76. Pick out the noun form of ‘generous’ from the following
77. Which is the past participle of flow?
78. Pick out the most effective words from the given words to fill in the blank:
Sunil – play football everyday.
(c) used to
79. Yesterday, I – called on my friend. But I forgot
(a) could have
(d) should be
80. Would you mind – the window?
(c) to open
(d) for opening
81. Which Indian city was presented to the British as royal dowry?
82. Muhammed bin Tughlaq transferred his capital in 1327 to Devagiri. What is its modern name?
83. Who deciphered the inscription on the Asoka pillars found in Firozabad?
(a) A Cunningham
(b) James Prinsep
(d) Joseph Priestly
84. With which kingdom is king Bimbisara associated?
85. Between which two countries was the Tashkant Agreement signed?
(a) India and Russia
(b) India and China
(c) India and Pakistan
(d) India and Afghanistan
86. Forward Block was founded in 1939 by:
(a) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
(b) Bhagat Singh
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Subhash Chandra Bose
87. Frist Law Minister of Independent India was
(a) Vallabhai Patel
(b) B.R. Ambedkar
(c) Rafi Ahmed Kidwai
(d) Rajkumari Amrit Kaur
88. Vijayanagar empire was destroyed in the battle of:
(c) Mysore war
89. ‘Do or Die’ was a concept in the Indian Independence Movement. It was introduced by
(a) Bala Gangadhar Tilak
(b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Subhash Chandra Bose
(d) Mohan das Karamchand Gandhi
90. Indian Independence Act was brought into force on
(a) August 15, 1947
(b) August 15, 1952
(c) July 18, 1947
(d) July 18, 1956
91. Boiling point is the temperature at which:
(a) water boils
(b) a liquid boils
(c) water attains maximum temperature
(d) air gets heated
92. An instrument for determining temperature is:
93. Perumbra is :
(a) complete darkness
(b) a shade
(c) an area in the atmosphere
(d) a region of partial darkness
94. Systolic pressure is:
(a) pressure at the dilation of heart
(b) pressure at the contraction of heart
(c) pressure in nerves
(d) pressure in a system
95. The only sea that has no coast line is
(b) Dead sea
(c) Sargasso sea
(d) Aral sea
96. A city in India along Nag river is considered to be almost at the centre of India, geographically What is the name of it?
97. Which is the single largest mangrove area in the world?
(c) Rann of Kachch
98. State of Tripura shares a border with:
99. Smallest country in the world is:
(c) Vatican state
100. Honeymoon Island and Breakfast Island are located in:
1. (d) 2. (b) 3. (c) 4. (a) 5. (d) 6. (a)
7. (c) 8. (a) 9. (d) 10. (c) 11. (b) 12. (d)
13. (a) 14. (c) 15. (b) 16. (a) 17. (d) 18. (c)
19. (b) 20. (a) 21. (a) 22. (c) 23. (b) 24. (a)
25. (d) 26. (c) 27. (a) 28. (b) 29. (c) 30. (a)
31. (d) 32. (b) 33. No Answer.34. (a) 35. (b)
36. (b) 37. (d) 38. (c) 39. (a) 40. (b) 41. (c)
42. (c) 43. (b) 44. (d) 45. (c) 46. (d) 47. (d)
48. (b) 49. (a) 50. (c) 51. (c) 52. (c) 53. (d)
54. (b) 55. (b) 56. (b) 57. (c) 58. (d) 59. (a)
60. (c) 61. (b) 62. (b) 63. (a) 64. (b) 65. (c)
66. (b) 67. (c) 68. (a) 69. (b) 70. (d) 71. (c)
72. (a) 73. (d) 74. (b) 75. (a) 76. (b) 77. (b)
78. (c) 79. (a) 80. (a) 81. (d) 82. (a) 83. (b)
84. (a) 85. (c) 86. (d) 87. (b) 88. (a) 89. (d)
90. (a) 91. (b) 92. (a) 93. (d) 94. (b) 95. (c)
96. (a) 97. (d) 98. (b) 99. (c) 100. (a)