Kerala PSC Assistant Salesman Previous Question Paper 2006
Kerala PSC Assistant Salesman Exam. Solved question of Kerala PSC Assistant Salesman Examination Conducted On 30-9-2006.
1. Which language is known as the camp language?
2. The densest layer of the earth:
3. An example for sedimentary rock:
4. The crop which considers frost as its enemy:
5. Which of the following is not a port on the east coast of India?
6. Who pursued the policyof ‘‘blood and iron’’?
(a) Firuz Tughlaq
(b) Malik Kafur
(c) Alauddin Khilji
7. The place where the first Medical College was established:
8. The moderate who led the Indian Congress
(a) Bipin Chandrapal
(b) Gopalakrishna Gokhale
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) A.O. Hume
9. The first organised revolt against the British authority in Kerala?
(a) Pazassi revolt
(b) Kurichiya revolt
(c) Malabar revolt
(d) Attingal revolt
10. The multipurpose project built with the joint venture of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
(a) Nagarjuna Sagar
11. Which one is the cheapest form of transport in India?
(c) Inland waterways
(d) Oceanic waterways
12. The Great Bhakti Poetry ‘‘Santhanagopalam’’ was written by
(c) Kunchan Nambiar
13. In which date a powerful earthquake occured in Indonesia?
(a) 23rd May
(b) 25th May
(c) 27th May
(d) 29th May
14. The country which implemented postal stamp first:
15. Which is the most intelligent bird in the world?
(a) Ivory Gulls
(d) Blue Tit
16. Transport of food from leaves to other parts of plant is termed as:
17. Who is the first non Italian Pope?
(a) Pope Edward III
(b) Pope Edward IV
(c) Pope Benedict I
(d) Pope John Paul II
18. The state in which the highest Railway Bridges is constructed:
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
(c) Jammu – Kashmir
(d) Himachal Pradesh
19. ‘‘Eustachian tube’’ connects in which parts of the body:
(a) ear and throat
(b) ear and nose
(c) mouth and nose
(d) mouth and throat
20. The device used for detecting even feeble current:
(a) Induction coil
21. The place where the Buddha image is believed to have originated?
(a) Buddha Gaya
22. Name the classical dance-drama of Kerala
(c) Ottam Thullal
23. The first seminary established by the Portuguese in Kerala?
24. Name the author of The Spirit of India:
(a) Sheikh Muhammed
(b) Dorothy Norman
(c) V.D. Savarkar
(b) J.B. Kripalani
25. The Football players who gets the largest amount of salary at present?
(b) S. Zidane
(c) D. Becham
(d) L. Figo
26. The country which won gold medal in 4 × 400m relay for women in the Asian Atheletic Championship, 1998:
27. How many minutes before cricket play should the umpires take in the field?
28. The antiseptic surgery was invented by:
(a) Charles Nicol
(b) George Mendel
(c) Ronald Rose
(d) Joseph Linter
29. Which is considered to be an anomalous compound?
30. The colour seen on the outer edge of the rainbow
31. In India the cold weather season prevails from:
(a) October – December
(b) November – January
(c) December – February
(d) January – March
32. A money Bill is introduced in the:
(a) Rajya Sabha
(b) Lok Sabha
(c) Both Houses of the Parliament
(d) None of the above
33. The Home Rule Society was founded by
(a) Annie Besant
(b) Ananda Charlu
(c) Balgangadhar Tilak
(d) Shyamj Krishna Verma
34. The Upanishads were collectively called as:
35. Which among the following is the duration of the State Legislative Council?
(a) 4 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 6 years
(d) It cannot be dissolved
36. The currency of U.A.E.
37. Carbon dioxide is known as:
(a) a basic oxide
(b) an acidic oxide
(c) a neutral oxide
(d) none of these
38. Which of the following is related to a safety match?
(a) Antimony sulphate
(b) Potassium chlorate
(c) Glue and powdered glass
(d) All of the above
39. The physical basis of life is related to:
40. Reflex action does not involve in:
(d) Spinal cord
41. Which of the following is a viral disease?
42. The state in which Rhinoceros are found:
(d) West Bengal
43. The place where the forest Reserch Institute is established in Kerala?
44. The person who designed the models of flying machine first:
(a) Thomas Yong
(b) Leonardo da Vinci
(d) John Canton
45. Which state stands first in reserve and production of coal?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
46. The UN days is celebrated on:
(a) January 26th
(b) October 24th
(c) November 26th
(d) December 24th
47. The place where Britain established the first factory:
48. The British officer who partitioned Bengal in 1905?
(a) Lord Cornwallis
(b) Lord Curzon
(c) Lord Canning
(d) Lord Wellesley
49. The first conference of the non alignment movement was held in:
50. The leader who adopted guerilla tactics in the Great Revolt of 1857?
(a) Rani Lekshmi Bai
(c) Tantia Tope
51. If SHARP is coded as 58034 and PUSH as 4658 then RUSH is coded as:
52. In a certain language MADRAS is coded as NBESBT, how is MUMBAI coded?
53. Choose the word that is not in the group:
54. BAG is related to LUGGAGE in the same way as SHIP is related to:
55. Soumya is twice as old as Ramya. Three years ago Soumya was three times as old as Ramya. How old is Soumya now?
(a) 6 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 8 years
(d) 12 years
56. Manoj and Sachin are ranked seventh and eleventh respectively from the top in
a class of 31 students. What will be their respective ranks from the bottom in the
(a) 25th and 21st
(b) 20th and 24th
(c) 24th and 20th
(d) 25th and 24th
57. Rohan is taller than Anand but shorter than Seema. Krishnan is taller than Pushpa and shorter than Anand. Dhiraj is taller than Krishnan but shorter than Seema. Who among them is the tallest?
58. A man walks 30 meters towards South. Then turning to his right, he walks 30
meters. Then turning to his left, he walks 20 meters. Again he turns to his left, he
walks 20 meters. How far is he from his initial position?
(a) 80 meters
(b) 60 meters
(c) 20 meters
(d) 50 meters
60. Find the wrong number in the series 7, 28, 63, 124, 215, 342, 511
61. Which of the following will not be a number in the series ?
1,8, 27, 64, 125, ……………
63. In how many times do the minute hand and hour hand of a clock coincide in a day?
64. If the day before yesterday was Saturday what day will fall on the day after tomorrow?
65. The number of boys in a class is three times the number of girls. Which one of the following numbers cannot represent the total number of children in the class?
66. A certain number of students decided to go on a picnic and planned to spend Rs. 96 on eatables. Four of them, however did not turn up. As a consequence, the remaining ones had to contribute Rs. 4 each extra. The number of students who attended the picnic was:
67. Arrange the following words in a meaningful sequence and choose the most appropriate sequence
1. Site 2. Plan
3. Rent 4. Money
(a) 3, 4, 2, 5
(b) 4, 1, 2 5, 3
(c) 2, 3, 5, 1, 4
(d) 1, 2, 3, 5, 4
68. If February 1, 1996 is Wednesday, what day is March 3, 1996?
69. At the end of a business conference the ten people present all shake hands with
each other once. How many hand shakes will there be altogether?
74. x% of y is y% of what?
75. The selling price of an article is Rs. 24, after a discount of 20%. If the discount is increased to 30% what will be the new price of the article?
(a) Rs. 27
(b) Rs. 21
(c) Rs. 20
(d) Rs. 9
76. A train 150m long takes 20 seconds to cross a platform 450m long. The speed of the train is:
(b) 30 m/sec
77. A spherical ball of lead 3cm in diameter is melted and recast into three spherical balls. The diameter of two of these are 1.5cm and 2cm respectively. The diameter of the third ball is:
78. The average age of 24 boys and one teacher is 15 years. When the teacher’s age is excluded the average decreases by one What is the age of the teacher?
(a) 39 years
(b) 38 years
(c) 40 years
(d) 36 years
79. The sum of three numbers is 174. The ratio of second number to the third number is 9 : 16 and the ratio of the first number to the third is 1:4. The second number is:
80. How many men need to be employed to complete a job in 5 days if 10 men can
complete half the job in 7 days?
81. Choose the correct reported from of the following ‘‘Which team has won’’? asked Ann
(a) asked which team won
(b) asked which team had won
(c) asked which team has won
(d) asked which team is going to win
82. Complete the following sentence using the correct preposition:
I woke up twice——— the night
83. Identify the incorrect singular plural group from the following
(a) brother-in-law- brothers in law
(d) passer-by-passers by
84. Complete the following sentence choosing the suitable word:
Each man and each woman ……………. a vote
(c) has had
(d) have had
Directions for Q.No.85 and 86 Identify the odd one:
85. (a) Shelley (b) Keats (c) Wordsworth (d) Bacon
86. (a) Cub (b) Colt (c) Chicken (d) Hen
Directions for Q.Nos. 87-100. Complete the following sentence using the suitable word/ Phrase
87. The sound produced by crows is ………………
(a) craw (b) crow (c) croak (d) caw
88. He was a ……………. old gentleman with a flowing beard.
(a) reverent (b) raverent (c) raverend (d) reverend
89. …………………… tell means predict
(a) pretell (b) fortell (c) forecast (d) foretell
90. A drug used to reduce sadness is ………………. depressant?
91. We decided to ……………….. the President of the Society.
(a) called on
(b) call by
(c) call on
(d) call for
92. His conduct is extremely …………..
(d) children like
93. I had a very bad night, I didn’t sleep ……….. wink
94. There won’t be time ………………?
(a) will there?
(b) is there?
(c) is it?
(d) isn’t it?
95. What ……….. for your breakfast?
(a) do you have
(c) you do have
(d) have you have
96. Your roof is leaking; you should………….
(a) have it repaired
(b) repair it
(d) make it repaired
97. Did you here me come tonight? No I ………………………… asleep
(a) must have been
(d) have been
98. He just ………….. out
(a) has just gone
(c) had gone
(d) has went
99. If I had a typewriter I …………… it myself
(a) will type
(b) would type
(d) would have typed
100. The passive vote of ‘Most people opposed this is ………………
(a) This is opposed by most people
(b) This was opposed by most people
(c) Most people oppose this
(d) This was being opposed by most people
1. (b) 2. (d) 3. (c) 4. (c) 5. (a) 6. (d)
7. (c) 8. (b) 9. (d) 10. (b) 11. (c) 12. (d)
13. (c) 14. (b) 15. (d) 16. (b) 17. (d) 18. (c)
19. (a) 20. (d) 21. (a) 22. (d) 23. (a) 24. (b)
25. (b) 26. N/A 27. (c) 28. (d) 29. (a) 30. (b)
31. (c) 32. (b) 33. (a) 34. (c) 35. (b 36. (c)
37. (b) 38. (d) 39. (a) 40. (c) 41. (d) 42. (a)
43. (c) 44. (b) 45. (a) 46. (b) 47. (d) 48. (b)
49. (b) 50. (c) 51. (b) 52. (c) 53. (a) 54. (c)
55. (d) 56. (a) 57. (b) 58. (d) 59. (a) 60. (c)
61. (a) 62. (b) 63. (d) 64. (a) 65. (c) 66. (d)
67. (b) 68. (a) 69. (c) 70. (b) 71. (b) 72. (a)
73. (c) 74. (d) 75. (b) 76. (b) 77. (c) 78. (a)
79. (d) 80. (c) 81. (b) 82. (b) 83. (b) 84. (a)
85. (d) 86. (d) 87. (c) 88. (a) 89. (d) 90. (c)
91. (c) 92. (c) 93. (a) 94. (a) 95. (a) 96. (a)
97. (d) 98. (b) 99. (b) 100. (b)