Kerala PSC Previous Question Paper - Kerala PSC Fireman Trainee(Fire & Rescue Service) Previous Question Paper 2010
Kerala PSC Fireman Trainee(Fire & Rescue Service) Previous Solved Question Papers – Exam held on 13-03-2010
1. Which is the largest river in Kerala?
(a) Periyar (b) Bharathapuzha
(c) Bhavani (d) Kabani
2. How many members in a cricket team?
(a) 10 (b) 11
(c) 12 (d) 13
3. Communist manifesto written by?
(a) Lenin (b) Tolstoy
(c) Adam Smith (d) Karl Marx
4. Which District in Kerala has the largest number of Grama Panchayat?
(a) Kozhikode (b) Malappuram
(c) Palaghat (d) Thrissur
5. The country which got Independence on 1971 August 15?
(a) Dubai (b) Kuwait
(c) Mascath (d) Bhaharain
6. Which country got medal in mens foot ball in 2008 Olympics?
(a) Brazil (b) Argentina
(c) Niegiria (d) Uruguay
7. The first five year plan was started in?
(a) 1954 (b) 1950
(c) 1951 (d) 1947
8. The author of the Book Republic?
(a) Adam Smith (b) Karl Marx
(c) Plato (d) Gandhiji
9. Who is known as Kerala Gandhi?
(a) Sree Narayana Guru (b) Ayyankali
(c) Ghan Abdul Ghafarghan (d) K. Kelappan
10. Who attend all the three round table conference?
(a) Gandhiji (b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (d) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
11. How many times the sun is bigger than the earth?
(a) 110 times (b) 111 times
(c) 112 times (d) 109 times
12. The first Indian who got Nobel Prize for physics?
(a) Dr. Amarthyasen (b) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(c) Dr. Chandra Sekhar (d) Dr. C.V. Raman
13. Choose the correct spelt word?
(a) Forti (b) Fourti
(c) Fourty (d) Forty
14. The largest producer of milk in the world?
(a) U.S.A (b) UK
(c) India (d) Pakistan
15. The essential vitamin for the functioning of reproduction?
(a) Vitamin A (b) Vitamin B
(c) Vitamin C (d) Vitamin E
16. The first Chief Election Commissioner of India?
(a) T.N. Seshan (b) Peri Sasthri
(c) Naveen Choula (d) Sukumar Sen
17. Who wrote the famous book “India Wins Freedom”
(a) Gandhiji (b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (d) Moulana Abdul Kalam Azad
18. The colour of Ammonium Chloride is?
(a) Blue (b) Black
(c) Red (d) White
19. The first general election conducted in Independence India on?
(a) 1950 (b) 1954
(c) 1952 (d) 1956
20. How many members in “SAARC”?
(a) 5 (b) 6
(c) 7 (d) 8
21. The blue colour of the sky due to?
(a) Refraction of the light (b) Scattering of the light
(c) Polarisation of the light (d) Reflection of the light
22. The district in Kerala through which maximum number of the rivers flow?
(a) Kasargode (b) Alappuzha
(c) Kannur (d) Kottayam
23. Constitution of India was adopted on?
(a) 1947 August 15 (b) 1950 January 26
(c) 1952 September 8 (d) 1956 November 1
24. World Red Cross Day is ?
(a) March 9 (b) March 8
(c) March 3 (d) March 1
25. “Medulla Oblangatta” is a part of ?
(a) Heart (b) Brain
(c) Kidney (d) Liver
26. Metals ………. when they are heated.
(a) Relax (b) Contract
(c) Expanded (d) Deviate
27. The first Indian woman athelete to win gold medal in Asiad?
(a) P.T. Usha (b) Kamalijith Sandu
(c) M.D. Valsamma (d) None of these
28. World Human Right Day?
(a) December 10 (b) January 10
(c) November 10 (d) October 10
29. Father of Political Science?
(a) Karl Marx (b) Adam Smith
(c) Aristotle (d) Gandhiji
30. The study about cancer is?
(a) Ongology (b) Pomology
(c) Jerantology (d) Nefrology
31. The members to the Rajya Sabha in Kerala is ?
(a) 12 (b) 20
(c) 9 (d) 15
32. How many languages include in the 8th schedule of our constitution?
(a) 14 (b) 22
(c) 28 (d) 25
33. ‘EEC’ is connected with?
(a) Kidney (b) Liver
(c) Brain (d) Heart
34. The last memeber of UNO?
(a) Thuvalu (b) East Timoor
(c) Montinegro (d) Switzerland
35. The name of Prime Minister who Nationalise “14” Banks in India?
(a) Indira Gandhi (b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) Lal Bahadur Sastri (d) V.P. Sing
36. International Book Day?
(a) September 14 (b) April 23
(c) February 21 (d) September 8
37. First official census conducted in India on?
(a) 1881 (b) 1875
(c) 1873 (d) 1872
38. The sun ………….. when I got up.
(a) rose (b) had risen
(c) is rising (d) would risen
39. The article which gives special privileges to Jammu and Kashmir?
(a) 370 (b) 320
(c) 315 (d) 356
40. The National Highway which connected Kolkotha to Chennai?
(a) NH 47 (b) NH 6
(c) NH 5 (d) NH 10
41. ‘Sardar Sarovar Project’ built in ………….. river.
(a) Thapti (b) Looni
(c) Narmada (d) Mahanadi
42. Who was the first opposition leader of Kerala legislative assembly?
(a) P.T. Chacko (b) K.M. George
(c) K. Karunakaran (d) A.K. Gopalan
43. The first summit of ‘NAM’?
(a) Belgrade (b) Dhaka
(c) Kanmandu (d) OSLO
44. First woman chief election commissioner of India?
(a) V.S. Ramadevi (b) Sujeta Kripalani
(c) Vijayalakshmi Pandit (d) Fathima Beevi
45. The Secretary General of UNO?
(a) U. Thant (b) Ban Ki Moon
(c) Cofi Annan (d) None of these
46. The capital city of Madhya Pradesh?
(a) Bhopal (b) Madras
(c) Bhuvaneswar (d) Bangalore
47. Which are the nations signed in the ‘Panchaseel’?
(a) India and Bangladesh (b) India and Pakistan
(c) India and China (d) India and Bhutan
48. How many members in Rajya Sabha?
(a) 252 (b) 251
(c) 250 (d) 260
49. First Chief Minister of Kerala?
(a) C. Achutha Menon (b) R. Sankar
(c) E.M. Sankaran Namboothiripad (d) C.H. Muhammad Koya
50. Which is not a food crop?
(a) Wheat (b) Barley
(c) Maize (d) Cotton
51. Prices ……………… during the last two years.
(a) have increased (b) increased
(c) would increase (d) increasing
52. He has now recovered from his injury and ……………. again.
(a) is able to walk (b) was able to walk
(c) had walked (d) had been walking
53. We …………. a very enjoyable holiday in Ooty last summer.
(a) have had (b) had
(c) were (d) was
54. ……………… your breakfast already?
(a) Have you had (b) Had you
(c) Do you have (d) Has had
55. I ………. him since he was in the hospital.
(a) have not seen (b) had not seen
(c) was seen (d) were seen
56. He …………. at the age of twenty eight, in 1998.
(a) get married (b) got married
(c) have got married (d) gets married
57. After working with him for sometime, I came ………….. his efficiency.
(a) to admire (b) admired
(c) admiring (d) admires
58. …………….. will captain the college team?
(a) Who (b) Which
(c) When (d) What
59. Political leaders should think of the people …………. they are accountable.
(a) to who (b) to whom
(c) who (d) which
60. Gandhiji used ……….. major part of his time for spinning.
(a) the (b) a
(c) an (d) no article
61. He is …………. right man for the job.
(a) a (b) the
(c) an (d) no article
62. Fragile means …………….
(a) strong (b) powerful
(c) delicate (d) mucular
63. The antonym of timid is…………….
(a) adventurous (b) foolish
(c) delicate (d) muscular
64. The antonym of diligent is …………..
(a) intelligent (b) vigilant
(c) vibrant (d) idle
65. Abortive is the synonym of ………………
(a) futile (b) fertile
(c) cute (d) curtail
66. Fratricide means the murder of one’s ……………
(a) brother (b) father
(c) sister (d) mother
67. The first person who ……………. the question will be awarded a prize.
(a) answer (b) answered
(c) answers (d) answering
68. I hope you suceed …………….. you effort.
(a) in (b) on
(c) from (d) with
69. Always be …………….
(a) honesty (b) honest
(c) honestly (d) to honest
70. Every one cheered the winner ………….
(a) did he? (b) didn’t they?
(c) didn’t he? (d) did they?
71. Anil can do a work in 12 days. Basheer can do it in 15 days. Chandran can do the same work in 20 days. If they all
work together, the number of days need to complete the work is?
(a) 5 (b) 14
(c) 7 (d) 13
72. In a hostel, there is enough food for 50 students to last for 30 days. After 6 days 25 more students are admitted to
the hostel. Now, how many more days the food is going to last?
(a) 10 (b) 12
(c) 16 (d) 20
73. The correct sequence of missing letters in ba…….a……..aab.
(a) bba (b) abb
(c) aba (d) bab
74. An article is sold at Rs, 4,375. If it is sold at a loss of 12.5%. What was the cost price?
(a) Rs.4,400 (b) Rs.5,500
(c) Rs.4,750 (d) Rs.5,000
75. John and Jacob started a business contributing Rs.60,000 and Rs.50,000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit was Rs.35,000 in which Rs.13,000 was used to furnish the office. If they divide the remaining profit proportionately, Jacob will get ……………… as his share.
(a) Rs.10,000 (b) Rs.12,000
(c) Rs.18,000 (d) Rs.15,000
76. A is brother of B,C is the father of A.D is the brother of E.E is the daughter of B. Then uncle of D is ?
(a) A (b) B
(c) C (d) E
77. The difference between the largest four digit number and the smallest three digit number is ?
(a) 9990 (b) 9989
(c) 9888 (d) 9899
78. In a class of 50 students, 32 students passed in English and 38 students passed in Mathematics. If 20 students
passed in both the subjects, the number of students who passed neither English nor Mathematics is :
(a) 12 (b) 0
(c) 1 (d) 18
79. A company produces 18% more machines than of the previous year. If their production in the current year is 17700
machines, the production last year is :
(a) 14500 (b) 17000
(c) 15000 (d) 15500
80. At 8 o’ clock in the morning Mr.Ram was at a distance of 105 km from the railway station. To get his train was to reach the station at least at 9.45 a.m. The minimum speed required for him to travel in order to get the train is :
(a) 60 km/hour (b) 100 km/hour
(c) 50 km/hour (d) 80 km/hour
81. If the number 3 5 7 x 4 is divisible by 6, then value of x is :
(a) 0 (b) 1
(c) 4 (d) 2
82. is equal to :
83. An amount becomes Rs.11,300 in 2 years and Rs.12,600 in 4 years. The rate, if calculated at simple interest is :
(a) 13% (b) 10.5%
(c) 6.5% (d) 8.5%
84. In trial average method, the average of 20 numbers is assumed to be 24. The sum of deviations of the numbers from 24 is found to be 15. What is the average?
(a) 23.75 (b) 23.25
(c) 24.75 (d) 24.25
85. A bank compounds interest half yearly. Raju deposits Rs.25,000 in the bank at a rate of 8%. The total interest at the end of one year is?
(a) 2,000 rupees (b) 4,000 rupees
(c) 2,040 rupees (d) 4,080 rupees
86. There are 50 students in a class. In a class test 22 students get 25 marks each, 18 students get 30 marks each. Each of the remaining gets 16 marks. The average mark of the whole class is :
(a) 27 (b) 25
(c) 28 (d) 24
87. A man has equal number of one rupee, five rupee and ten rupee notes with him. If he has Rs. 480 with him, the
number of one rupee note is :
(a) 16 (b) 28
(c) 30 (d) 24
88. How long does a train 110 metres long running at a speed of 36 km/hour take to cross a bridge of 132 metres in
(a) 18 seconds (b) 15.9 seconds
(c) 21 seconds (d) 24.2 seconds
89. A is taller than B; B is taller than C; D is taller than E and E is taller than B. Who is the shortest?
(a) D (b) E
(c) B (d) C
90. CDE : GHI :: PQR :…………
(a) XYZ (b) ABD
(c) LMO (d) TVS
91. A shopkeeper wants to get 20% gain on an article after allowing a discount of 15%. If the article costs him Rs.153,
what price should be mark on the article?
(a) 216 rupees (b) 184 rupees
(c) 162 rupees (d) 224 rupees
(a) 0.00003 (b) 0.0003
(c) 0.000003 (d) 0.3
93. The product of two numbers is 864 and their H.C.F is 12. Their I.C.M. is :
(a) 24 (b) 72
(c) 10368 (d) 64
94. An amount is divided among P,O,R in the ratio 2:5:7 if P’s share is Rs 3,000 then the diference between the shares of Q and R is :
(a) Rs 3,000 (b) Rs 3,500
(c) Rs 1,000 (d) Rs 2,000
95. 1032-972 =
(a) 36 (b) 6
(c) 1200 (d) 1531
96. The three-fifth of a number is 40 more than the 40 percent of the same number. The number is :
(a) 40 (b) 80
(c) 150 (d) 200
97. 4, 9, 25, 49, 121, 169, …………….
(a) 196 (b) 200
(c) 269 (d) 289
98. , Then …………
(a) 676 (b) 469
(c) 13 (d) 37
99. In a class of 60 students 55% are boys. The number of girls in the class is :
(a) 20 (b) 5
(c) 27 (d) 10
100. In the following option, the number which is not a perfect square is :
(a) 178929 (b) 436217
(c) 61504 (d) 46656
1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (d)
6. (b) 7. (c) 8. (c) 9. (d) 10. (d)
11. (d) 12. (d) 13. (d) 14. (c) 15. (d)
16. (d) 17. (d) 18. (d) 19. (c) 20. (d)
21. (b) 22. (a) 23. (b) 24. icn-bp-Øcw sabv 8
25. (d) 26. (b) 27. (c) 28. (a) 29. (c)
30. (a) 31. (c) 32. (b) 33. (c) 34. (c)
35. (a) 36. (b) 37. (d) 38. (b) 39. (a)
40. kph¿Æ NXp-jvtImW ]mX-bpsS `mKamWv sIm¬°-Ø-˛-sN-ss∂, tZiob ]mX, F≥.-F-®v-˛5, F≥.-F-®v-˛6, F≥.-
F-®v-˛60 F∂nh CXn-epƒsΠ-Sp-∂p. 41. (c) 42. (a) 43. (a)
44. (a) 45. (b) 46. (a)
47. (c) 48. (c) 49. (c) 50. (d) 51. (a)
52. (a) 53. (b) 54. (a) 55. (a) 56. (b)
57. (a) 58. (a) 59. (b) 60. (a) 61. (b)
62. (c) 63. (a) 64. (d) 65. (a) 66. (a)
67. (c) 68. (a) 69. (b) 70. (b) 71. (a)
72. (c) 73. tNmZyw icn-b√74. (d) 75. (a) 76. (a)
77. (d) 78. (b) 79. (c) 80. (a) 81. (a)
82. (d) 83. (c) 84. (b) 85. (c) 86. (b)
87. (c) 88. (d) 89. (d) 90. (a) 91. tNmZ-yw icn-b√
92. (b) 93. (b) 94. (a) 95. (c) 96. (b)
97. (d) 98. (c) 99. (c) 100. (b)
Click Here to Download PDF version of Kerala PSC Fireman Trainee(Fire & Rescue Service) Previous Question Paper 2010