Kerala State Industrial Enterprises Junior Assistant Previous Question Paper – Solved old Questions & Answers of Kerala State Industrial Enterprises, Exam held on 01-01-2009
1. India has the world’s largest deposits of :
(a) Mica (b) Copper
(c) Gold (d) Uranium
2. The first Indian State to introduce the Panchayat Raj System :
(a) Andhra Pradesh (b) Orissa
(c) Rajsathan (d) Gujarat
3. The tenure of a Rajya Sabha Member is :
(a) 3 years (b) 4 years
(c) 5 years (d) 6 years
4. Who among the following has won the Global Diversity Award November 2005?
(a) Amitabh Bachchan (b) Aiswarya Rai
(c) Vivek Obroi (d) Mahesh Bhatt
5. International Literacy Day is observed on :
(a) September 8 (b) April 23
(c) February 21 (d) June 19
6. The centenary of Olympic Games was celebrated at :
(a) Melbourne (b) Athens
(c) Bahamas (d) Atlanta
7. When was ISRO set up?
(a) 1965 (b) 1969
(c) 1971 (d) 1976
8. Which Maharaja of Travancore was an eminent composer of Carnatic Music?
(a) Sree Chithira Thirunal (b) Swathi Thirunal
(c) Ayillyam Thirunal (d) Sree Moolam Thirunal
9. The basic regulatory authority for mutual fund and stock markets:
(a) Government of India (b) Reserve Bank of India
(c) Securities and Exchange Board of India (d) Stock Exchange
10. Which sea shore in Kerala is famous for deposit of mineral sand?
(a) Vizhinjam (b) Varkala
(c) Chavara (d) Kayamkulam
11. Which one of the following is a great circle?
(a) The Equator (b) The Tropic of Cancer
(c) The Tropic of Capricon (d) The Artic Circle
12. The Odakuzhal Award is given in the memory of :
(a) Kumaranasan (b) Balaramuralikrishna
(c) Vallathol (d) G. Sankarakurup
13. The first Indian Women to get Nobel Prize?
(a) Indira Gandhi (b) Mother Theresa
(c) Sarojini Naidu (d) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
14. Which of the following is the river valley civilisation?
(a) Iranian (b) Greek
(c) Mesopotamian (d) Roman
15. The exact difference between Greenwhich and Indian standard time is :
(a) one hour (b) two and a half hours
(c) four hours (d) five and a half hours
16. Pallava dynasty was established in 300 A.D. The capital city of Pallavas was :
(a) Kanchi (b) Purushpur
(c) Sanchi (d) Kashi
17. The Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports is located at :
(a) Kolkata (b) Gwalior
(c) Patiala (d) Ranchi
18. The total length of the Konkan Railway is :
(a) 800 km (b) 670 km
(c) 710 km (d) 760 km
19. The chairman of the Planning Commission is :
(a) Prime Minister (b) President
(c) Loksabha Speaker (d) Vice President
20. The practice of keeping more than one crop in field is called :
(a) rotation of crop (b) mixed cropping
(c) mixed forming (d) shifting cultivation
21. The type of rear view mirror in a car is :
(a) Concave (b) Parabolic
(c) Plane (d) Convex
22. Credit for starting space research in India goes to :
(a) H.J. Bhabha (b) Vikram Sarabhai
(c) C.V. Raman (d) J.L. Nehru
23. The highest percentage in the atmosphere is of :
(a) Nitrogen (b) Oxygen
(c) Carbondioxide (d) Helium
24. The medicine used to flight plague :
(a) Streptomysin (b) Quinine
(c) Tetracycline (d) Penicilin
25. Which among the following is an astronomical unit of distance?
(a) Angstrong (b) Femometre
(c) Lightyear (d) Mach
26. Television Stations cannot transmit their regional programme to far off places because :
(a) these signals are electro magnetic (b) they are non-electro magnetic
(c) they are large amplitude (d) they are not reflected by the ionosphere
as radio waves.
27. Which is the name of the instrument used for measuring blood pressure?
(a) Lactometer (b) Sphygmomanometer
(c) Stethoscope (d) Endoscope
28. Which of the following is an egg laying mammal?
(a) Platypus (b) Kangaroo
(c) Mouse (d) Fish
29. A ligament connects :
(a) bone and muscle (b) bone and bone
(c) muscle and muscle (d) muscle and nerve
30. Halley’s commet appears once in :
(a) 40 years (b) 50 years
(c) 76 years (d) 86 years
31. Sheep herding is most common in :
(a) Steppe grasslands (b) Savanna grasslands
(c) The Andes mountains (d) Tibet
32. Samuel L. Clemens was popularly known as :
(a) Voltaire (b) George Oswell
(c) Lewis Carrol (d) Mark Twain
33. The two predominant gases that constitute the sun as fire ball are :
(a) hydrogen and helium (b) hydrogen and argon
(c) hydrogen and neon (d) hydrogen and oxygen
34. The two best paintings ‘Mono Lisa’ and ‘The Last Supper’ were painted by :
(a) Michelangelo (b) Leonardo da Vinchi
(c) Raphael (d) John Gutenberg
35. Open Sky Policy means :
(a) Opening the ozone layer (b) Artificial rain
(c) Operation of both the public and private(d) Permission of foreign airlines
36. ‘Kolla Varsham’ began in :
(a) 925 AD (b) 826 AD
(c) 825 AD (d) 824 AD
37. When was the practice of ‘Sati’ abolished in India?
(a) 1800 (b) 1856
(c) 1877 (d) 1829
38. What is the study of coins called?
(a) Coinology (b) Numismatics
(c) palaeography (d) Archaeology
39. The words ‘Sathyameva Jayate’ are taken from :
(a) Mundaka Upanishad (b) Garuda Purana
(c) Bhagavat Gita (d) Mahabharatham
40. Which of the following cities has the modest temperature throughout the year?
(a) Allahabad (b) Dehradun
(c) Bangalore (d) Delhi
41. Under whose advice the President of India declares emergency under Article 352?
(a) Council of Ministers (b) Cabinet
(c) The Prime Minister (d) Chief Ministers of all states
42. The longest highway in India is from Varansi to Kanyakumari. Which of the following is that ?
(a) N.H.5 (b) N.H.6
(c) N.H.7 (d) N.H.8
43. The Highest Indian Peak is :
(a) Everest (b) Kanchanjunga
(c) Nanga Parbat (d) Godwin Austin
44. What does UNESCO deal with?
(a) International Posts and Telegraph (b) Interantional Refugees
(c) World Intellectual Property (d) International Educational, Scien
tific and Cultural matters.
45. Which organisation is popularly called the ‘World Bank’?
(a) International Monetary Fund (b) International Bank for Reconstruc
tion and Development.
(c) International Development Agency (d) International Finance Corporation
46. Temporary tax levied to obtain revenue is called :
(a) Cess (b) Sales Tax
(c) Revenue Tax (d) Surcharge
47. Bordeaux Mixture, one of the best known fungicides is a mixture of :
(a) Copper Sulphate and Sulphuric Acid (b) Lime and Gypsum
(c) Copper Sulphate and Lime (d) Sulphur and Sodium Chloride
48. Which one of the following is concerned with the study of ancient skeletal remains?
(a) Anthropological Survey of India (b) Archeological Survey of India
(c) Geological Survey of India (d) Survey of India
49. Kundara Proclamation in 1809 was made by :
(a) Samoothiri (b) C.P. Ramaswami Iyer
(c) Marthanda Varma (d) Veluthambi Dalawa
50. First Governor of Kerala was :
(a) A.P. Jain (b) Pattom Thanu Pillai
(c) B. Ramakrishna Rao (d) V.V. Giri
51. The ‘Hollerith’ code is used with :
(a) Magnetic tape (b) Punched card
(c) Floppy disk (d) Paper tape
52. Volatile memory means :
(a) Fixed memory (b) Can make changes
(c) Content will lose if power fails (d) Cannot be erased
53. A ‘T State’ means :
(a) Portion of operation in a cycle. (b) Total time to execute an instruction
(c) Time to complete one machine cycle (d) Operations performed for an instruction
54. Memory interleaving means :
(a) Operation of different memory one after (b) Concurrency of operations of sev- other.
eral independent memory.
(c) Time to complete one machine cycle (d) Operations performed for an instruction.
55. Which of the following flip-flop has only one input?
(a) D flip-flop (b) JK flip-flop
(c) Master slave flip-flop (d) All the above
56. Computer’s processing speed is measured in term of :
(a) Baud (b) MIPS
(c) MHz (d) MB
57. Cache memory will be available:
(a) In between RAM and virtual memory (b) In between RAM and I/0 devices and user
(c) In between I/0 devices and user (d) In between processor and RAM
58. Kernal is the program which interact with :
(a) User program and memory (b) User programs and computer hard
(c) User and I/0 devices (d) User programs and external devices
59. The function of the DOS command and DIR/OD/S is :
(a) Display all files with starting letter OD (b) List all files in the current directory
and sub directories.
(c) List all files in the directory including (d) None of the above
subdirectories in datewise
60. GUI stands for :
(a) Greatest User Information (b) Grafical Utility Interface
(c) Greater Utility Interfaces (d) Graphical User Interface
61. Alt+F4 is the short cut key used in windows for :
(a) Open a new application (b) Open a new Word document
(c) Terminate the current application (d) Search operation
62. Which of the following type of osreads and react in terms of actual time?
(a) Real time system (b) Time sharing system
(c) Distributed system (d) Back processing system
63. Which of the following contains a list of files in Unix?
(a) Special file (b) Ordinary file
(c) Directory file (d) Batch file
64. In Unix ‘grep’ command is used for :
(a) Change attribute of a file (b) Search of a word in a file
(c) Rename a file (d) None of the above
65. Which of the following is a DOS based word processing package?
(a) MS Word (b) Notepad
(c) Word pad (d) Word star
66. Which of the following in the short cut key for search a word in a document is?
(a) Crtl + A (b) Crtl + C
(c) Crtl + H (d) Crtl + F
67. In a word document, grammatical errors are marked with :
(a) Red line (b) Yellow line
(c) Green line (d) None of the above
68. To select multiple words but not continous in a document the key combination used is :
(a) Shift + mouse button (b) Alt + mouse button
(c) Enter + mouse button (d) Ctrl + mouse button
69. ‘Line space’ in a word document means :
(a) Horizontal spacing of words in a Line (b) Vertical spacing of lines
(c) Space between indents in a line (d) Space between margins and indents
in a line.
70. Auto Text features :
(a) Correct a text during typing (b) Generate the text just by typing a
(c) Generate the sentence by inserting (d) None of the above
the required word in the sentence
71. When the text in document exceeds the length of a page, word insert:
(a) Soft page break (b) Hard page break
(c) Section break (d) Line break
72. The feature available in MS Word to type data in row and column form :
(a) Column (b) Tables
(c) Border (d) None of the above
73. A template is :
(a) A collection of formatting options (b) A collection of document
(c) A collection of features available (d) A collection of text to print
in MS Word.
74. Which of the following feature of word processor has a document and a data source?
(a) Spelling check (b) Grammar check
(c) Mail merge (d) Tables
75. A book mark is :
(a) A piece of information for searching (b) A location in a table for quick reference
(c) A rule used for searching(d) None of the above
76. A short cut key used to make all caps:
(a) Ctrl + shift + U (b) Crtl + shift + K
(c) Crtl + shift + A (d) Crtl + shift + H
77. When date are placed in a main document in a mail merge operation, data are placed in the symbols?
(a) Double angular bracket (b) Double quote
(c) Single quote (d) Single angular bracket
78. A heerarchical listing of heading within a document is called :
(a) Normal view (b) Print preview
(c) Index (d) Out line view
79. Which of the following tool is used to copy the formatting from one place to another ?
(a) Paste (b) Copy
(c) Format painter (d) Shading
80. Which of the following lists the term and topics of a document?
(a) Template (b) Index
(c) Table (d) Book mark
81. Duplex printing means :
(a) Printing with high speed (b) Printer and computer communicate
in duplex mode
(c) Printing in both side of a page (d) None of the above
82. A file with ‘dot’ extension is associated with :
(a) Document (b) Index
(c) Wordart (d) Template
83. In Lotus 1-2-3, 1-2-3 indicates :
(a) 1,2 and 3 worksheets (b) Spread sheets, database and
(c) Cut, copy, and paste (d) New, open and delete
84. When a new exel worksheet is opened, generally the number of worksheets available will be :
(a) 1 (b) 2
(c) 3 (d) 4
85. A ‘range’ in MS Excel means :
(a) Set of work books (b) Set of work books
(c) Set of cells (d) All of the above
86. If a word in cell A1 is ‘Kerala’ and when type ‘K’ in the cell A2, MS Excell will display ‘Kerala’ because of the
(a) Auto complete (b) Auto fix
(c) Auto format (d) Auto correct
87. In which of the number format, the number is represented in exponent notation?
(a) Special (b) Fraction
(c) Accounting (d) Scientific
88. A line drawn around a cell or group of cell is :
(a) Border (b) Grid
(c) Range (d) Shade
89. Orientation in printing means :
(a) Reduce or enlarge the print (b) Direction of print in the paper
(c) Custom suze of the page (d) Preview of the prints
90. Excel functions can be grouped into :
(a) 4 categories (b) 6 categories
(c) 8 categories (d) 10 categories
91. The cell reference address $E$1 is :
(a) Absolute mode (b) Relative mode
(c) Mixed mode (d) None of the above
92. Which of the following chart requires only one data range?
(a) Bar chart (b) Stacked 3D chart
(c) Pie chart (d) Line chart
93. Which of the following number format code will display insignificant digits also?
(a) # (b) 0
(c) % (d) /
94. Which of the following feature of Excel selects record with a specified condition?
(a) Filter (b) Range
(c) Template (d) Sort
95. What feature of Excel is used to type in error free values for an application?
(a) Data codes (b) Data exception
(c) Data manipulation (d) Data validation
96. What is the short cut key for selecting format cells dialog box?
(a) Crtl + 1 (b) Crtl + 2
(c) Alt + 1 (d) Alt + 2
97. Which of the following error message will style with three options – Yes, No & Cancel?
(a) Warning (b) Stop
(c) Information (d) None of the above
98. A series of worksheet rows that contain related data is :
(a) Index (b) Workbook
(c) Array (d) List
99. Which option of Alignment, in Format cell dialog, makes the data type in cell, divides into more than one row?
(a) Wrap text (b) Shrink to fit
(c) Merge cell (d) Text orientation
100. Which of the following date format is used to display day names as Sunday, Monday ……… etc?
(a) d (b) dd
(c) ddd (d) dddd
1. (a) 2. (c) 3. (d) 4. (b) 5. (a) 6. (d) 7. (b) 8. (b) 9.
(c) 10. (c) 11. (a) 12. (d) 13. (b) 14. (c) 15. (d) 16. (a) 17. (c)
18. (d) 19. (a) 20. (b) 21. (d) 22. (b) 23. (a) 24. (a) 25. (c) 26.
(d) 27. (b) 28. (a) 29. (b) 30. (c) 31. (a) 32. (d) 33. (a) 34. (b)
35. (d) 36. (c) 37. (d) 38. (b) 39. (a) 40. (b) 41. (c) 42. (c) 43.
(d) 44. (d) 45. (b) 46. (a) 47. (c) 48. (a) 49. (d) tNmZ-y-Øn¬ ]ni-Ip-v. Ipd hnfw-cw
1809-˛-em-bn-cp-¶p. 50. (c) 51. (b) 52. (c) 53. (a) 54. (b) 55. (a) 56.
(b) 57. (d) 58. (b) 59. (c) 60. (d) 61. (c) 62. (a) 63. (c) 64. (b) 65.
(d) 66. (d) 67. (c) 68. (d) 69. (b) 70. (b) 71. (a) 72. (b) 73. (a)
74. (c) 75. (b) 76. (b) 77. (a) 78. (d) 79. (c) 80. (b) 81. (c) 82.
(d) 83. (b) 84. (c) 85. (c) 86. (a) 87. (d) 88. (a) 89. (b) 90. (-)
91. (a) 92. (c) 93. (-) 94. (a) 95. (d) 96. (a) 97. (a) 98. (b) 99.
(a) 100. (d)
Click Here to Download Kerala State Industrial Enterprises Junior Assistant Previous Question Paper 2009