SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) (CHSL) Exam Selection Process
SSC CHSL Exam Selection Process Details: Staff Selection Commission’s (SSC) conducted Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam for the posts of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO). Exam Selection Process details are given below…
Selection Process: The Examination will consist of three stages.
1. Computer Based Examination (Tier-I)-(Objective Type)
2. Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
3. Typing Test/ Skill Test (Tier-III)
i. Typing Test for LDC/ JSA & PA/ SA
ii. Skill Test for DEO
Written Examination: The written examination will consist of one objective type – Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
1. Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): Computer Based Exam (Tier-I) exam is an objective type test divided in four sections, General Intelligence, English Language (Basic Knowledge), Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) and General Awareness. Total marks for SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I exam is 200 and there is negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer. Candidates qualifying the Tier-I exam securing the qualifying marks will be selected for the Tier-II exam.
2. Tier-II (Descriptive Paper): Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode in the duration of the paper would be for one hour. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
3. Tier III (Typing Test/ Skill Test):
i. Skill Test for Data Entry Operator: Only those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and secure at least the minimum qualifying marks as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be eligible to take the Skill Test. The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test would be of qualifying nature. Data Entry Speed of 8000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Candidates allowed to take this test, will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or the agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such Skill Test at the centre/ venue so notified. Only such candidates who qualify in the Skill Test at a speed of not less than 8000 key depressions per hour will be eligible for being recommended for appointment as per their position in the merit list.
ii. Typing Test for LDC/ JSA & PA/ SA: Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II). Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi. Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature. It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission. The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
The final merit of successful candidates will be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier I and Tier II exam. Candidates will be allotted to the various departments for the post of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerks on the basis of their merit and preference of post.
Resolution of Tie Cases: Tie cases will be resolved by applying one after another, as applicable till the Tie is resolved.
i. Total Marks in Tier-I+Tier-II.
ii. Total marks of Tier-II Examination.
iii. Total marks in Tier-I Examination.
iv. Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
v. Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear.